Abu Dhabi is a world-renowned metropolis that blends a rich cultural history with a stunning, modern cityscape. Abu Dhabi’s Department of Culture and Tourism (DCT) is tasked with developing and promoting the entire emirate, with the broader objective of supporting the evolution of Abu Dhabi into a world-class, sustainable destination of distinction.
DCT set out to help its social team and partner agencies work more effectively by unifying the organisation’s processes for developing and scheduling social content. Its goals were:
- Improve engagement levels on its social media profiles, specifically Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Increase its efforts on social media during peak times, such as Graduation and Orientation Week
- Have greater collaboration across different departments and ensure consistency on all social media channels
- Use the reporting feature to demonstrate the benefits of social media to senior members of staff
- Understand the latest trends and topics taking place on social to help deliver content which is timely and appropriate